Biyernes, Abril 12, 2013

Test your Harry Potter skills


I self-proclaim myself as an ultimate Harry Potter series fan! :D

Last weekend, I had the chance to scan and re-read the first HP installment: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone :) While reading its pages once again, I came to stroll with the following details which are almost impossible to remember in this book, especially that I've already moved on with the succeeding installments. Haha.

Mars Bars, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans, Droodle’s Best Glowing Gum, Chocolate Frogs, Pumpkin Pasties, Couldron Cakes, and Licorice Wands.

Chocolate Frogs have cards inside them to collect—famous witches and wizards.

You have to be careful with Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans because when they say every flavor, they mean every flavor. You get all ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade, but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe.


(These were the candies Harry bought for himself and Ron while they were on the train heading for Hogwarts. They were incoming first years here.)

The Sorting Hat Song
“Oh, you may not think I’m pretty,
But don’t judge on what you see,
I’ll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hat sleek and tall,
For I’m the Hogwarts Sorting Hat.
And I can cap them all.
There’s nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can’t see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindor apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You’ll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don’t be afraid!
And don’t get in a flap!
You’re in safe hands (though I have none)
For I’m a Thinking Cap!”

(In the movie, I don't remember the Sorting Hat singing this song. XD)

Who is Albus Dumbledore?
Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizards Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon’s blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel. Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and tenpin bowling.

“Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!” (These were the first four words of welcome by Dumbledore to Harry’s batch.)

Sir Nicholas de Mimsy- Porpington was the full name of Nearly Headless Nick, a resident ghost of Gryffindor Tower.

Hogwarts School Song
“Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling
With some interesting stuff,
For now they’re bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we’ve forgot,
Just do your best, we’ll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.”

Caput Draconis was the password to the Gryffindor common room.

So, I hope I was able to feed your brain a little; that is, if you're also an avid fan of HP. Haha. Nevertheless, I am sure you know Harry Potter at least? :)

While the movies taken from novels like the famous Harry Potter and Twilight Saga are impressive and worth the time watching for, I believe there's nothing compare when we are able to journey ourselves to their origins--- the novel itself, be it in paperback or hard bound. :)




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento